Welcome to “Five Things Monday.” As a graphic designer I thrive on inspiration, I try to look for it and find it everywhere. Sometimes you just need a little pick me up when you’re starting or stuck on a project. Some people need an extra cup of coffee on Mondays, I need a little extra jolt of inspiration (and lets be honest, that extra cup of coffee as well).
Anyone who knows me knows that I love typography and hand lettering. Here are some of my favorites right now.
1. I love the use of negative space here and the colors are quite fantastic.
2. I adore this monogram. The combination of the “L” and the “B” is wonderful and so beautifully fluid.
3. Seriously, why can’t my handwriting be this fantastic?!
4. YAY for fellow Iowans (GO HAWKS!)! This woman is awesome with her chalk skills and I love this idea for documenting a pregnancy. I really love her scripted words and their fantastic swashes. To view all 38 weeks click here, below are my favorites.
5. Since we’re on the topic of chalk, I have a serious girl crush on Dana Tanamachi. Seriously, she is SO good at what she does. My jealously cannot be contained. I want to be her when I grow up. Below are my favorites of the work she has on her website as well as an awesome time lapse video of the poster she did for Dave Barnes (jealous!).
What inspires you when you have a case of the Mondays?