Welcome to “Five Things Monday.” As a graphic designer I thrive on inspiration, I try to look for it and find it everywhere. Sometimes you just need a little pick me up when you’re starting or stuck on a project. Some people need an extra cup of coffee on Mondays, I need a little extra jolt of inspiration (and lets be honest, that extra cup of coffee as well).
We interrupt your weekly program of Five Things Monday for this very special Edition of Ten Things Monday. Sometimes you just need a good laugh, so today I hope to provide you with none other than just that. Whether you just chuckle or fall on the floor laughing, I hope one of these “Things” brings you at least a little joy on this Monday.
1. FRIENDS is my all time favorite show. I’ve seen every episode, at least 10 times. Here are some of my favorite moments:
2. If you’re not watching New Girl, you need to start – RIGHT NOW! So freaking funny! Zooey Deschanel is perfect it in and Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris are comedic gold as her roommates. My roommate Hannah and I have seriously considered getting a bigger place just so we could have some guy roommates move in. Full episodes can viewed at the Fox website and Hulu. Below is one of my favorite parts from the pilot:
4. I’m not a big watcher of The Office (I know, I know, you can start throwing stones at any time…) but this meme always cracks me up.
5. If you know me you know I love Harry Potter, if you don’t, hey, I love Harry Potter! So naturally the following images just crack me up.
If you don’t understand the “What the Hell is a Hufflepuff” image it’s because you’ve probably never watched Starkid‘s A Very Potter Musical or A Very Potter Sequel, and if you haven’t then you should watch those right when you’re finished watching New Girl. If you’re a Glee fan you will be delighted to discover that Darren Criss himself plays Harry and wrote the music for them.
I adore Daniel Radcliffe’s sense of humor, as shown in the image with him and Michael Gambon at the bottom. Enjoy.
6. I could watch Tangled every.single.day. I absolutely love it! Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore are absolutely fantastic in it. Last time I checked you could watch it on Netflix, don’t hurt me if this isn’t true anymore; it’s worth buying either way.
7. Who doesn’t love Baby Mama? Seriously, if you haven’t watched this either add it to the list. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are the perfect duo.
8. Another little fun fact about me is that I LOVE Mark Wahlberg, probably borderline an unhealthy amount. This is one of my favorite Marky Mark moments, as seen in The Other Guys.
9. Just incase I haven’t already convinced you that you need to watch New Girl here are a couple of hilarious clips. Also, I would really like to know how to play True American, because it seems like a riot. (source)
10. Who doesn’t love Ellen DeGeneres? The stuff she pulls on her show cracks me up. Here are two of my favorite recent show clips. (source)
What inspires you when you have a case of the Mondays?
(p.s. shhhhhhh I know that technically this is twelve things but I just couldn’t decided between the New Girl and Ellen clips.)